(Tea Party 247) – A professor from the University of Toronto, Ray Blanchard — who is a PhD — was temporarily booted from social media site Twitter after daring to speak the truth about transgenderism by calling it exactly what it is: a mental disorder.
Now, if there’s anyone in the world who is qualified to actually call this madness exactly what it is, it’s Dr. Blanchard. He’s done a lifetime of study and research in the field.
But as we all know, if we dare to speak the truth on social media, the progressives who run these sites and by extension, control the flow of information across the world, if what is said goes against their belief system, it will surely be censored.
BREAKING: Twitter has locked the account of one of the world’s leading experts on gender dysphoria Dr Ray Blanchard @BlanchardPhD for publishing his research in a twitter thread pic.twitter.com/LO6wq7HqBO
— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) May 12, 2019
Take a look at the full statement that Blanchard made that resulted in his suspension:
Earlier today I wrote this thread in response to a follower who asked me, “What is your actual position on transgender people?” It looks like my reply has not been delivered to a single person besides the original inquirer, so I am reposting it here.
My beliefs include the following 6 elements:
(1) Transsexualism and milder forms of gender dysphoria are types of mental disorder, which may leave the individual with average or even above-average functioning in unrelated areas of life.
(2) Sex change surgery is still the best treatment for carefully screened, adult patients, whose gender dysphoria has proven resistant to other forms of treatment.
(3) Sex change surgery should not be considered for any patient until that patient has reached the age of 21 years and has lived for at least two years in the desired gender role.
(4) Gender dysphoria is not a sexual orientation, but it is virtually always preceded or accompanied by an atypical sexual orientation – in males, either homosexuality (sexual arousal by members of one’s own biological sex) . . . or autogynephilia (sexual arousal at the thought or image of oneself as a female).
(5) There are two main types of gender dysphoria in males, one associated with homosexuality and one associated with autogynephilia. Traditionally, the great bulk of female-to-male transsexuals has been homosexual in erotic object choice.
(6) The sex of a postoperative transsexual should be analogous to a legal fiction. This legal fiction would apply to some things (e.g., sex designation on a driver’s license) but not to others (entering a sports competition as one’s adopted sex).
Twitter has unlocked my account and graciously apologized for their error. My sincere thanks to the people who expressed their concern during the past 24 hours. pic.twitter.com/fblijhdi5k
— Ray Blanchard (@BlanchardPhD) May 13, 2019
One of the ridiculous rules that Twitter has for regulating how two individuals carry out a public discourse on their platform is to not “deadname” transgender people. This means you can’t refer to a person by their birth name or “misgender” folks, which means no referring to them by their biological gender, only that which they identify as.
Yes, this is totally insane. Which is precisely the point Blanchard was trying to make before they opted to censor him for being “hateful.”
In the long run, policies like the one Twitter is using here will only end up reinforcing the mental illness that transgender individuals suffer from, rather than providing them with help and treatment that will help them accept themselves for who they really are.
The overwhelming majority of trans individuals end up suffering from depression, suicide attempts, and severe regrets involving their transitions. Why would anyone want to indulge that kind of destructive behavior?
Do we encourage drug users to continue abusing substances? What about depressed people? Do we tell them to do more destructive things when they are going through an episode or tell them to play around with suicidal ideation? Of course not.
If we don’t do that with those folks, we shouldn’t be doing them with transgender individuals either. It wrecks lives.